Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What they said

"I'm going to play long enough to challenge all the umpires I've argued with."
Rennae Stubbs, on the emergence of the challenge system

"Is this the best winning streak of your career?"
" I don't know actually. I didn't count."
Elena Dementieva

"It was a very tough second set, she started playing unbelievable, hitting winners left and right. She had a coupl e of opportunities but I always felt I wasn’t going to lose."
Serena Williams, on her match against Gisela Dulko

"The wind was a joke. Like it was hard to pick because it was so swirly. There were a few important points where I came to the net and I thought I had a smash, and then I had a backhand low volley. It was ridiculous."
Jessica Moore

"I'd like to get to the top 20, and then I'll say I'm back."
Jelena Dokic, on whether she is "back"

"How much improvement do you think you'll need to progress through these next few rounds?"
"A lot."
Amelie Mauresmo

No comments: