Friday, January 30, 2009

What they said

"My mum, I told her not to watch on the live score, because I think that's really horrible watching on there. So... she usually just goes to bed and then she kind of wakes up for my texts to say if I won or not."
Laura Robson

"...I think that when you play good points in doubles, you tend to smile a little more, enjoy that point with someone else. It's definitely a different kind of feeling, 'cause in singles you're so focused, you don't even smile, you just move to that next point without any kind of elation."
Venus Williams

"Is there anything you learned at Wimbledon that actually helped you here?"
"...this kind of stuff, yeah. That's about it. Oh, and then playing in stadiums, as well."
Laura Robson

"Can you elaborate on your mental issues?"
"I get really angry and I'm a perfectionist. I have a slight case of OCD. Yeah, those are my issues."
Serena Williams

"What did he say?"
"...It just said, Happy birthday and all the best. But it's good enough for me."
Laura Robson, on her birthday note from Marat Safin

No comments: