Friday, March 13, 2009

Jankovic states the obvious

Women's Tennis Blog gives us this statement from world number 3 Jelena Jankovic:

I did a lot of things for my endurance and I had some problems moving. I lost my speed on the court and I lost my reaction. I lost my biggest weapon. Until now, I was having trouble reacting and moving, especially with my returns and getting that first step. I just lost that and I have been trying to get that back. I hope to get my game together and start playing on a high level again. That is my goal for this moment.

The newly bulked-up Jankovic does not look like herself at all this season, in more ways than one. When speed is your strongest suit and you can no longer move well, you are in some big trouble. I appreciate the fact that she worked so much on her endurance, but something went very wrong. I want the real Jelena back, and as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

That's one of the things about Jankovic. She used to be one of those players who you could guarantee would be in the second week because 99.9% of the time she would beat players ranked outside the top 10, but this year, she has already lost badly to Kanepi and Bartoli, players whou she should beat.