Monday, April 20, 2009

Miscellany

Dinara Safina is now number 1 in the world.

Speaking of rankings, Anabel Medina Garrigues now holds a career-high ranking of number 18 in the world.

Though it is hardly a surprise, Jelena Dokic has withdrawn from the Internazionali BNL d'Italia.

Ana Ivanovic and Venus Williams have been nominated for 2009 Laureus World Sports Awards. Ivanovic is nominated in the Breakthrough of the Year category, and Williams is nominated for Sportswoman of the Year.

Peter Bodo has some nice things to say about new Charleston champion Sabine Lisicki.

We missed Sam Stosur in Charleston this (and last) year. According to her website, she is relaxing at home, practicing in Brisbane, and even made an appearance Friday night on Titans TV.

3 comments:

David said...

I'm from Brisbane and I have no idea what titans tv is! I am assuming it is something to do with the titans rugby league team...But I didn't watch that game so I missed it!

Diane said...

I think it's a pre-game show they have, David--chat with some of the players...that kind of thing.

David said...

Yeah, I would assume that is it. We have that for the team I support, but I was unaware that team had their own name for it!