Friday, May 29, 2009

French Open--what they said

"...I said it's a little bit hard for me to continue playing like this. But, you know, it's hard to play against a player screaming like that. She's very good player, but very hard character. I hope she's going to be better, but she's young. She have to learn many things."
Aravane Rezai, on Michelle Larcher de Brito's shouting

"I don’t think I’ve heard anything longer."
Referee Stefan Fransson, on the length of Larcher de Brito' shouts

"We've been working a lot on my game overall, and I think I improved a lot of areas of my game. I added some things, and I feel more comfortable coming forward, obviously. But, no, I think working with Craig is really good. I feel also since I start working with him I got my game back and committing more to my shots and moving forward. That's something that was lacking months before that."
Ana Ivanovic, on being coached by Craig Kardon

"You know, I'm used to beating people 6-0. I'm not used to my shot not going in and losing a set 6-0. So it was completely foreign ground for me."
Venus Williams, on losing her first set against Agnes Szavay

"Venus's technique broke down. She needed to understand what she was doing, and she didn't."
Richard Williams

No comments: