Monday, May 28, 2012

French Open--what they said

I've added a few more flowers....
Bethanie Mattek-Sands, on her expanding tatoo arrangement

I'm excited; I know she is, too.
Sloane Stephens, on her upcoming match against Mattek-Sands

I was kind of thinking there was a flight straight to Minsk around 3:00 tomorrow so I could catch that, but I didn't want to leave too soon.
Victoria Azarenka

...I mean for me, always like up-down, up-down; it's tough for me to stay at same level all the time.
Li Na

You cannot, you know, dwell on something that’s gone. That’s what you’ve done, and you’ve just got to move on and try to work on certain things.
Jelena Jankovic

3 comments:

Eric said...

I wonder why Serena chose Bob Bryan...?

I was trying to rationalize the decision...Roddick is out so he's probably already home or in Britain preparing on grass...and Isner is focused on Singles?? Wouldn't she want to practice with Isner to see if it's a good match-up for the Olympics?

Then I was thinking that Serena plays to win...and she doesn't have a FO Mixed title...so don't go with an unknown quantity...

I dunno.

Diane said...

Bryan has a very big serve, and he's left-handed. I think it's a good choice. Why she and Isner took a pass, I don' know.

Fanalistas said...

Hi Diane

Loved reading your articles. We would love it if you would also post your articles to www.fanalistas.co.uk, a new site for fan journalists/bloggers like you. We can automatically import your articles to your fanalistas profile and then link back to your blog giving your work exposure to our growing online community. I have no doubt that your tennis coverage would attract a lot of readers with us.

You can create an account here: http://fanalistas.co.uk/user/register.

If you’re interested in the automatic import option or have any other questions please email me at james.fanalistas@gmail.com

I look forward hearing from you. Keep up the great work!
James

Like us on facebook to enter our draw for an iPad 3 www.facebook.com/fanalistas
Follow us on twitter @fanalistas