Sunday, January 20, 2013

Australian Open--what they said

...it was a close game. I had my chances and I didn't take them. Yeah. I could have won but I didn't. And, yeah, next time.
Caroline Wozniacki

...everybody has specific things in their mind. Some people do tattoos; some don't. I think about tattoos, you have the story of your own tattoos. You can read it, you can think one thing, and I've been doing this for some other reasons. But tattoo is something history of your life, and I believe in it.
Svetlana Kuznetsova

It was user-friendly anger.
Martina Navatilova, referring to Caroline Wozniacki's careful racket toss

What have I ever done to you?
Caroline Wozniacki, to chair umpire

Did you notice anything specific that Azarenka was doing last year that was different in the years
prior when you were beating her fairly consistently?

I think she just got calmer. She's consistent. She works differently. She has different goals, I guess. Yeah, I guess she's just consistent overall. She improve definitely in many shots. But I think it was her head was letting her down all the time before. Some moments she always would go crazy in the match. You would always know. She changed and just became so stable, and, yeah, good hitter.
Svetlana Kuznetsova

No comments: