Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Wimbledon--what they said

Petra is loving the grass, she’s a former champion, a great top 10 player and I never beat her but I was really close at Eastbourne, two weeks ago. She’s a tough one but I have nothing to lose but I’m going to just go and enjoy.
Lucie Safarova

In Paris, as here, Halep seems to have been entirely unburdened by becoming the highest seed left in the tournament from an early stage--more notable as she still so new to the heady air breathed by the most elite.
Kate Battersby

It was such a tough match. We were playing on a really high level, and it was so close--every single set was so close.
Angelique Kerber

But Sharapova hadn't come back from a set down to win a match at Wimbledon in ten years, and that stat would prove to be the most telling of them all.
Todd Spiker

You can have reasons not to feel right on the court but nothing that would not be able to make you hold the ball in your hand or catch the ball or throw it up.
Pam Shriver, commenting on Serena Williams

As many people anticipate certain matches, people going through, the favorites--at the end of the day those are just words. We as players have to go out and play. And that's the way some of the results have turned out.
Maria Sharapova

I want to thank my sister, Kristina, Stefanie, and our teams for their support. We were all looking forward to a great match. From the bottom of my heart, I thank all of the fans for their cheers and understanding.
Serena Williams

I was trying to tell me, "You can do it. She will not make mistakes. If you would like to win the match, you need to do it, to be aggressive, just go for it."
Angelique Kerber

No comments: