Sunday, July 6, 2014

Wimbledon--what they said

In the first set I was a bit nervous. My opponent, she started the match really well and she was playing really good. I was doing some unforced errors. Then I just tried to come back in the second set and focus on every point to get back my game. It helped and I won.
Jelena Ostapenko

First time I've seen Sam was in the Australian Open when I lost to her in mixed. I said, "I have to ask her. I have to play with her. She's going to be a great partner."
Nenad Zimonjic

I feel like I kind of played three different tournaments. It’s always nice to leave a tournament winning. Leaving Wimbledon 2014, I'll think of it as, yeah, a great memory, and leaving with a trophy at the end is fantastic.
Sam Stosur

We spoke about reducing stupid errors and to create pressure, look for the space and hit the space because that’s what they were doing. We got off to a good start and from then on we were on it.
Jordanne Whiley

No comments: